How to Wear Jewelry
Striking jewels provide its wearer with sexiness and instant beauty. Interesting jewelry’s eye-catching ability also has the power to spark conversation. A story exists behind each piece of jewelry - whether it was a gift, a great purchase or an interesting find. Earrings give a woman a reason to turn her head and pause for a moment while bracelets encourage a woman’s freedom of movement, causing her to flaunt her wrist in the air. Like people, jewels are vessels with its own history to be told – retaining much of the character of its wearer. And how this jewelry is perceived depends on whether or not it is worn well.
The three parts to wearing a jewelry piece well are as follows.
One: Buy jewelry that is beautiful, stunning and generates interest.
Two: Have the confidence to wear the piece and match it to your personality – exude its vibe.
Three: Wear it with good taste and good style!
First, make sure your jewelry and accessories compliment your outfit. Some people choose their jewelry and dress around their pieces, while others choose their clothing and then accessorize. Different days require different decisions and both ways work great! Once you start experimenting and playing there are no rules. When it comes to dress-up, trial and error is the best way to put yourself together in a complete way that matches your mood. The great thing is that jewelry can be the centerpiece of your attire, or merely the accent to a different article – it is constantly shifting statements depending on how you decide to wear it. Jewelry doesn’t just make you feel beautiful and sexy, it is an expression and a statement. Be as creative and unique as you feel because this is where statements start to happen.
Now, how do you choose pieces that compliment your wardrobe? Every woman needs a “little shiny something,” but there are some rules to follow in order to pull this off. Some things to keep in mind are the various necklines of clothing when wearing necklaces. Here are tips:
• V-necks call for long, draped, y necklaces or short necklaces. Take into account the depth of your v-neck: is it a plunging neckline, or is it more modest? Jewelry should drape nicely on the skin or hang slightly longer than the lowest dip of the garment so that it stays noticeable and highlighted.
• For a scooped neckline, stick with necklaces that are short and remain close to the neck. To give you an idea of what is meant by “close”, the base of the band should hang slightly lower than the nape of your neck. However, a long necklace with a layered look also works with this type of attire.
• T-shirts or several layers demand longer necklaces, y necklaces and all jewelry that will go over the clothing.
• Turtlenecks and mock necklines also go well with jewelry that is longer which lays on top of the garment.
• Dresses warrant jewelry that fits the look you are trying to emphasize. You must have a good understanding of what you are going for before accessorizing a nice dress. Wear shorter necklaces to compliment a subtle way of being or really layer on the jewelry to put out a sexy look fully ahead of is time.
Wear modest gems when your clothing is the focus of your look, highlighting it with basic pieces that add hints of glitter but do not overpower the fabrics. Alternately, when your jewels are the centerpieces of your attire, your clothes should be simplistic: a straightforward one-piece number, such as a sexy dress, or perhaps jeans, a t-shirt and heels. The blank canvas you present can be decorated with bracelets, a necklace and earrings – go nuts! – but (this can not be emphasize enough) be sure to choose pieces that do not compete with one another. This way, your selection should work together flawlessly to accentuate your beauty.
Rachel Burklund recommends wearing at least two items at a time, such as earrings with a necklace, bracelet-necklace combos, earrings with rings and any other combination you can tastefully pull off. Of course there are many more combinations and if it is done tastefully you can wear less or more – just stay focused on proportion and finding balance. If you are wearing a heavy necklace it is best to go light on the other pieces. It is important to find balance through pieces that compliment one another instead of choosing two strong pieces that fight with one another for attention.
Rachel Burklund jewelry designs are conceived to go back to black and are versatile in their ability to work with all the colors of your wardrobe. The jewelry is made using unique semi-precious stones and a combination of gold-filled metals and sterling silvers. Her ingenuity in design has produced timeless works appropriate for all occasions, and each piece succeeds in a variety of situations. They are devised to work together in a way that they flow and compliment one another. The versatile, sophisticated collection includes the perfect accessories for living fast in those glittery city-nights or to emphasize your radiance while you relax on vacation.